Whats new Text
|William Dempsey WARRICK
(Abt 1777-Abt 1859)
William Dempsey WARRICK
- Born: Abt 1777, VA
- Marriage (1): Mary Elizabeth BLACKMAN
- Marriage (2): Sarah DEKALB
- Died: Abt 1859, Pike Or Washington Co. AL about age 82
The following are listed in Rev McRae's file as children of Dempsey Warrick and Mary Elizabeth Blackman Sutton:
1. Mary Elizabeth (her child) Sutton 1777-?
2. Sutton Warrick 1805-1860 married Elsey "Alsey Moore
3. James Madison Warrick 1813-1894 married 1st Sarah Farrior 2nd Louelee Elizabeth Williams. On-line Tombstone record list Rev. James M. Warrick b.1811 d.1893
A Baptist preacher over fifty years. Fought through The Indian War in South Carolina and Georgia. Commissioned Captain by The Govenor of South Carolina.
This grave is located at Sandy Creek Cemetery in Choctaw Co. AL
4.Blackman Warrick 1816-1860 Married Elizabeth M ?
5. Mary Warrick 1816-1873 married John H. Hybert
More information on this child Elizabeth Marjorie Warrick may be found at
File maintained by Dorothy Witt. Copy and paste in your browser.
6. Thomas Warrick 1818-1851 married Louisa Taylor
The Following are listed as children of Dempsey and Sarah Dekalb Walker:
1. Jane Warrick 1822-? married Daniel Knowles
2. Dempsey George Washington Warrick 1824-1905 married Martha Minshew.
More information on this child may be found at
File maintained by Carmon McManigell. Copy and paste in your browser
3. Wyatt Warrick 1830-1907 married Mary Jane Asbury
4. Lewis Warrick 1840-1930 married Rebecca S. ?
This Lewis is often confused with another Lewis Warrick buried in Brundidge, Pike Co.
AL that is believed to be the son of Job Warrick. There is believed to be a connection
to Job Warrick and Dempsey Warrick, possibly both sons of Wyatt.
Family File of Rev. Arnold McRae Sr.
Pike County AL Heritage Book: The Warrick Family by Ann Warren McSwean
1810 Wayne Co. NC Census
1820 Sampson Co. NC Census
1830 Averasborough, Cumberland Co. NC Census
1840 Wayne Co. NC Census Buck Swamp Districy
1850 Pike Co. AL Census
Land Patents Pike Co. AL
One older Warrick descendant suggest that Dempsey died while on a visit with his son James Madison Warrick in Washington Co. AL. That his wife Sarah remained there after Dempsey's death and died soon after and they are both buried in un-marked graves at Healing Springs Cemetery just outside Millry in Washington Co. AL.
William married Mary Elizabeth BLACKMAN. (Mary Elizabeth BLACKMAN was born about 1777 in Wayne Co. NC.)
William next married Sarah DEKALB. (Sarah DEKALB was born about 1785 in NC and died about 1860 in AL.)